So finally I finished a usable open source library project. I can say a milestone achieved. This was one of my dreams to contribute to open source world, tonight I completed Tellal Libary.
But what is it?
– It is a library for Android to show in-app messages to users.
Why do I need that?
– I needed this spec. when I did not able to update one of my apps, and put new version as a new app. And I was not able to tell my users this change. Then I decided to build a notification library to import in all my mobile apps.
How do it work?
– Pretty simple. While coding you hardcode a URL into TellalConfig class. It checks this URL to find notification file which has information formatted as JSON and is a simple text file. Then shows it on screen. In notification file you need to specify a title, a message and a button text.
Where can I get it?
– It is on github. Try this link to reach codes and library jar file. https://github.com/Canburakt/tellal
How can I use it?
– Just add the jar file to your project, set TellalConfig.sourceURL and execute Tellal object. You can find an example project on github.
It is not complete yet, but it is working. I will work on it, develop it. New versions will come as tellal_vYYYYMMDD.jar so you can always have final and previous version on github. There was a mistake I had in my demo project while I am working on it. Java couldn’t find class definitions, I solved it by editing Project->Properties->Java Bıild Path->Order and Export you can see its state below :
I also put a screenshot of my demo project so you can see the result :
Pleas do not hesitate to ask your questions on comment section below, and to contribute this project on github.
Thanks for reading.